2.20 - Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II / ???

Wie gefällt Dir Folge 2.20?

• 2 - gut

Stimmen: 0 0,0%
  • 3 - befriedigend

• 4 - schlecht

• 5 - grottenschlecht

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer

Peter von Frosta

Lieutenant Junior Grade
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

As the sun rises on Caprica, Starbuck and Anders discover that the Cylons have vanished. Brother Cavil declares it to be a miracle. But when the rescue team and civilian survivors return to the Galactica, the real reason for their survival become clear: Brother Cavil is a Cylon — his duplicate counseled Tyrol — and he has come here to deliver a message: The "Heroes of the Cylon" — Number Six and Sharon Valerii — have persuaded the Cylon leadership that trying to destroy the humans was an error. From now on the two civilizations will live apart, in peace.

At the same time, voting continues in the Colonial presidential election. President Roslin approaches Baltar and proposes that, whoever wins, colonization of the newly discovered planet should be postponed until further study is done. Baltar spurns her offer, so she confronts him about Number Six, but he remains unfazed by her accusation.

Panicked at the thought of Baltar taking control of humanity's fate, Roslin instructs her aide to take all necessary steps to steal the election. The plot, however, is discovered by Lt. Gaeta, and Laura and Adama must choose between denying the will of the people and letting a man they suspect to be a Cylon collaborator take power. For Laura, the question is difficult, but the answer is never in doubt: she and Adama allow their plot to unravel. Baltar wins.

As President Baltar is sworn in, his Cylon lover, Gina, enacts a final vengeance against the fleet, detonating a nuclear warhead that destroys the Cloud Nine luxury liner. Despite the tragic loss of several ships, colonization of the planet — dubbed "New Caprica" — goes ahead over Adama's objections.

Time passes; more and more of the fleet's population relocates to the surface, leaving only skeleton crews aboard the Galactica and the Pegasus. Through it all, Adama remains uneasy; he anticipates the return of the Cylons. And a year later, his fears are borne out, as a Cylon invasion force jumps into the system and lands on New Caprica. Outflanked and overpowered, Adama and his son Lee order their battlestars out of the system — leaving the civilian colony defenseless as a Cylon occupying force arrives to announce the dawn of a new era....
Quelle

Jepp, war wirklich eine gute Folge, hat mir gefallen. Vor allem hat mich aber der Zeitsprung überrascht - und das abhauhen von Pegasus und Galactica - und das die Pegasus überhaupt noch da ist - und überhaupt...:D

Auf dem Unoffiziellen Galactica Blog hat man es sehr passend ausgedrückt:
I can honestly say I was more blown away by the end of Lay Down Your Burdens than I was with Adama getting shot in the closing moments of season one. At least when Adama was shot, you knew he was going to pull through. When Picard was turned in to Locutus, you knew they would get him back! Resolutions to such situations are always in the back of your mind. It provides a comfortable cliff hanger. At the end of BSG season two, I have no planned resolution, therefore I am uncomfortable. There isn’t a single ounce of me that knows where this story is going next. That is perhaps the best gift we could have been given at the end of this complicated season.

Ron Moore wanted Battlestar Galactica to continually defy people’s expectations. He did it when Number Six snapped that baby’s neck in the miniseries. He did it when Tigh left that little girl behind singing on a bench while a missile slammed into her ship. He did it when Roslin pushed Leobon out of the airlock, when Lee committed treason, when Adama was shot, when Baltar kills Crashdown, when he keeps the Pegasus around, when Billy gets killed, when Lee becomes commander, Baltar becomes President and now this! The list of surprises goes on and on.

In the end are we watching Battlestar Galactica because it is science fiction? Are we watching it because it is just good TV? Are we watching it because, like the show 24 we just want to see what crazy frakked up situation everyone is going to find themselves in next week? I guess it is a little bit of everything.

So I guess we wait until October… where we will see everyone fight ‘em until they can’t.

Mein Review kommt wenn ich die Zeit gefunden habe Ron Moores Podcast zu hören.

Zurück
Oben